Thursday, June 11, 2015

CyberSnow

I've been working on this illustration on and off since like September. Took a break for several months actually, but started on it again recently.

It began as a figure study from a photo I found on deviantart.






Then I started trying a few different looks for a robot leg. I was super obsessed with game Transistor at the time... still am.





Started working on her skirt, and decided I wanted the challenge of adding a pattern to the petticoat.






I tried hand drawing the pattern but recently I thought of trying to model the frill in Maya and adding the pattern that way with a texture. It will also give me more options if I want to change it for a more difficult pattern. I've just started the modeling of it here.



In other news:

I got 4th in the design contest I posted about last time. Wooh!

And I'm working currently animating another Kreo Joe short, still pretty goofy, but a lot more fight action movement which is a newer challenge to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment