Friday, February 6, 2015

Book Making - Coptic Stitch

For the holiday season this year I made 10 hand made sketchbooks from 5 bought ones. Here, I've cut and folded signatures.


Here, I have a bigger workspace. I've separated the signatures into stacks for the books and am cutting the backs of the old sketchbooks into covers. I used book board too.


 My first finished one. I used waxed linen thread.





 More of them. The patterned ones are using fake sinew in different thicknesses I was experimenting with. And the white one is using thread leftovers to make a rainbow.




On the one I already claimed as my own, because of mistakes in the binding, I tried a caterpillar stitch. Next time I would make sure to have colored thread and not curve so harshly. Also this is terrible lighting.






No comments:

Post a Comment