Thursday, December 4, 2014

3D Printing Experiments

I recently made friends with someone who built a 3D printer. In exchange for some modeling help, I got to have a couple things printed off. I'd never used stl files before and I had certainly never 3D printed anything before, only read about how it worked.

Here is a circuit board I modeled as a double to see how good of a scale replica I could make based on his measurements.




And here is a case for the circuit board we've started working on. It's pretty simple. Lots of changes need to be made to design still.


 And now for the more fun stuff. For part of my halloween costume I needed a light doornob to go on my costume. So I went ahead and modeled it and had that printed off aswell. We hadn't tried anything so angular before and only did one print without tweaking in between but I was pretty satisfied with how it turned out.

Here is the print in progress.

And hear is the printed doorknob.




Since my last blog post I've been busy with life stuff but I have finished a second book for print for my client that I will hopefully get to see in real form in the next couple months. I've been working on an illustration in my free time I'm hoping to finish. And I've started work on some animated shorts for my client that I hope to post in-progress stuff on later too.

Soon I'll be hand making some christmas gifts(as soon as the materials I need show up in the mail) which I will most likely post about next month.

So probably not many posts this month but hopefully more in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment