Sunday, October 26, 2014

Buildings

Most of this summer I was working on location vocab, which is kind of tedious especially since I don't do backgrounds or buildings very often.

Unfortunatly being in my zombie state of not enjoying warm weather while at my desk, I didn't take screen shots or document in progress really.

I just have this in progress screen shot of the movie theater I did. It's actually the Heights Theater in Minneapolis. My housemate works there and was hosting a showing of Galaxy Quest at the time which was a lot of the inspiration and why I remembered to take a screen shot to show him.

I simplified some parts so that I could mirror the architecture. And then the signs and color was done on other layers.



Here is the finished piece. I had to replace the signage with non-words of course. It really is a wonderful little theater.



No comments:

Post a Comment