Saturday, May 24, 2014

Robots

Here a few  unused/ early concepts for robots I did to illustrate vocab words for Language Sprout. All of these vocabulary words were related to family members.


Mom
This was the first one I did. I decided to go more traditional stereotype with the apron. I ended up putting a lot more shading into it.

Dad
I sort of tried to have style of the robots reflect their age. So Mom and Dad, I tried to lean towards 50s/60s appliances and such. Funny enough I tried to copy the final shaded look of the mom and it looked to muddy for the dad, so he ended up being rather flat in shading.


Aunt
I was watching a lot of Star Trek during this time and I thought it matched the time period. So say hi to Aunt Uhura Communicator Robot. Her colors ended up changing but I am super happy with this and the finished design. The Uncle bot is based on the new movie communicators and Spock aswell.

Step Mom
Her design changed quite a bit to match Step Daughter. I wanted to do more of a career woman but stick with the time period AND make her stand out from the non-step family members.

Grandma
This is one of two grandmas I made. They are suppose to be steampunky. I originally had all the elderly robots be a bit broken but that was changed. There were a ton of color itereations on her. Maybe its the weather but I'm still partial to these, especially the copper orange. Steam pipe gardener, she shares characteristic of Mom.

Grandpa
One of the two grandpas. Most of his changes were making him less broken, which were several. Made him more boxy like Dad. I love his sleepy face and that Penny-farthing bottom got used for both grandpas because they are awesome. I love them.


Other News:
I'm still working for Language Sprout. I finished working on a book for them but I haven't heard where thats at right now. I will totally be posting more info on it when I find out more about when/ where its being published to.

Working on some board game stuff now.

More book work is planned.

And I was not feeling awesome this weekend so I got in some sketch work and did some random painting in photoshop. Hopefully I will remember to post that soon.

I got invited to a masquerade party so planning a costume and mask for that. Gotta do that in the next month and probably will post some pictures of at least my mask making. Maybe I'll use pepakura.

No comments:

Post a Comment