Saturday, March 9, 2013

Illustrating All the Time

As promised here is a process images of page 23 of La Jolla's Memaid illustration. It's just about done and this shows all the strokes and mesh work that has gone into it. I somehow had missed that you can use transparency with the gradient tool until now, so I've started utilizing that here with the candle light.


And, I've signed on to do another children's illustration job. This one is for a kid's short novel so its a smaller job the La Jolla. Most of the images are just going to be linework and dot the text here and there. I did do a sample illustration to try out a style to use.


The bottom gets a bit too busy with the next and tree, but otherwise I'm fairly pleased with it. The inspiration for the girl characters are based of myself and my sister. I was the neat one always braiding my hair and my sister tended to have more of mess curly clump. She tried to gift me a clump dread-locked hair last time I saw her actually. Some things don't change much.

I won't actually be doing the new illustration for another week, but I'm I've already started pages 24 and 25 of La Jolla today and I hope to at least have those done by then. There are so many yet to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment